Unlock your potential in the dynamic and varied world of marketing, and stand out in a competitive job market with our Extended Diploma.
Whether you aspire to be a marketing manager, social media strategist or a market analyst you’ll learn about marketing principles, strategic and digital marketing, research and gain real world experience through practical projects. The BTEC Marketing offers a wide range of units/ topics that cover the marketing industry. This course provides an understanding of how businesses implement different marketing strategies to gain their competitive advantage. Also, this course allows you to explore the social media platforms as an influencer and/ or a social media strategist to undertake various activities on social media sites.
This is a two-year qualification for a full-time study programme (the course duration is the same as the T-Levels). You will complete twelve units in the two-year which will be an equivalent to three A-Levels. The course is designed for students who wish to study all types of marketing such as social media marketing, content marketing, influencer marketing, brand marketing, event marketing and performance marketing. This course will part of a study programme which consists of personal development, academic 1:1 and study skills.
What You'll Learn
This course is a two-year qualifications and you will study the following units in the first year:
1. Careers in Marketing – You will investigate how the marketing industry is organised in the UK. You will research the different careers in the public, private and voluntary sectors, and examine the qualifications, skills and experiences required to pursue each career.
2. Marketing Principles – You will study a range of marketing activities, including investigating how research is used and how important it is to check that it is valid and reliable.
3. Customer Communication – You will look at the processes involved in creating a successful customer communications plan. You will learn about different types of customer and how these customers make buying decisions.
4. Branding Products and Services – You will consider the ways in which organisations use branding to achieve their marketing objectives and organisation aims
5. Influencer Marketing – You will investigate types of influencer and the requirements for a successful influencer campaign and you will contextualise this in an influencer marketing campaign.
6. Corporate Social Responsibility – You will learn how corporate social responsibility (CSR) and ethical behaviour are a growing part of an organisation’s success.
In the second year, you will study the following units
1. Applying digital marketing – You will explore the principles of digital marketing practice. You will develop a digital marketing campaign for a specific organisation based on an assessment of its use of digital marketing.
2. Generating Customer Loyalty – You will learn how generating customer loyalty attempts to keep customers engaged by providing marketing information and responses to enquiries, and promoting and selling additional products and services.
3. Marketing an Event – How different types of marketing are used for events. Using your findings, you will creatively develop and implement a marketing campaign and materials for a selected event.
4. Customer Immersion Experiences – You will investigate how customer experiences are used in campaigns through experiential marketing. Using your findings, you will develop and manage an experiential marketing event for a selected product or service.
5. Activating a Brand – You will investigate brand-activation techniques, including the use of locations, communication and legal and ethical practice.
6. Market Research for a Start-up Business – You will develop your research skills and your understanding of the role that market research information plays in identifying and satisfying customers’ needs.
You will need 5 GCSEs at grade 4 or above which should include English and maths. You will also need to provide one academic reference from your most recent place of education.
How you will be assessed
You will be assessed through a combination of exams, synoptic assessment, coursework and presentations.
Total Fees: £2573.00
If the course is longer than one year the total fees are for the first year only and further fees may apply in future years. All fees are based on a ‘home’ learner status. Please contact us for information on overseas fees.
For more information, please see our course fee disclaimers page.
Course and Career progression
The qualification is aimed at learners who are looking to progress to employment in the sector via an apprenticeship and whose aspirations may also be to enter higher education. The qualification is recognised by employers and will support entry into this industry as a marketing executive. This qualification also offers learners the opportunity to progress to a broad range of higher education programmes, including Higher National Diploma, Higher Technical Qualifications (HTQ) and bachelor degrees.
What Happens Next
Apply online via the College website, or if your school uses the Positive Steps @ 16 (PS16) application system please apply through this and speak to your careers advisor if you are unsure. You will need details of your qualifications and employment history, a reference, and a personal statement to complete your application. Once your application has been successfully processed, you will be sent a conditional offer and be invited to a Welcome Event at the College to meet your tutors, learn more about your chosen course of study and tour the facilities. You will then need to confirm your acceptance of the course offered to you