How to apply

Before you apply for a course at Leicester College we recommend that you speak to a careers advisor – either at your school or an independent specialist. They will be able to make sure you make the right choices based on your ultimate career aims.

Once you have decided upon your chosen career path, don’t forget to check the entry requirements to ensure you select the right course for you.

How to Apply 

Applying for a course at Leicester College couldn’t be easier. If you are studying in Year 11 at a Leicester or Leicestershire school, you can apply via UCAS Progress. If you are not in Year 11 (or your school isn’t using UCAS Progress), you can apply via our online application form or call for a paper form to be sent out to you.

If you would prefer some help, simply pop into any of our city centre campuses and our helpful Information Centre teams can support you to complete the application form or call us on 0116 224 2240. See our international section if you are an overseas student applying for an international course with us.

Apply Online

Please note that online application form can be used for:

  • Any full-time course
  • Any part-time course

Postal Application

Application forms can be printed and sent to any of the following addresses:

  • Student Services, Freemen’s Park Campus, Welford Road, Leicester LE2 7LW
  • Student Services, Abbey Park Campus, Painter Street, Leicester LE1 3WA
  • Student Services, St Margaret’s Campus, St John Street, Leicester LE1 3WL

You must enclose a cheque or credit/debit card details for the course fees. If you are claiming a reduction in fees you must also enclose a copy of your proof.

You can also enrol on some courses via telephone by calling 0116 224 2240.

Remember: Applying for one of our courses is not a guarantee of a place.

Once we receive your application, you will be contacted by a member of our team to advise you on the next steps.

Learner Verification

We are part of a government initiative to manage learner information. This verification allows learners to have a Lifelong Learner Record, which will enable you to take ownership of your own educational records, as well as receive tailored advice and guidance from schools, colleges and universities.

What do I need to Enrol?

You will be asked to verify your identity as part of the enrolment process. Acceptable forms of ID include:

  • Passport
  • Driving Licence
  • Bank Card
  • Immigration and Nationality Deportment letter
  • Proof of any support you receive towards your living costs

If you are currently here on a student visa, or have not been a permanent resident of the UK/EU during the whole of the last three years, you must produce your immigration documents for a Fee Status Assessment.

Additionally, if you fall into the following categories, you must see an adviser for a Fee Status Assessment before you enrol:

  • Asylum Seeker
  • Dependent of a British Citizen
  • Dependent of an EU Citizen
  • Refugee
  • Student Visa
  • Visitor’s Visa

Please see our Admissions Policy for more details.

Call us 0116 224 2240 or email us