Higher education is an excellent way develop yourself and to increase your career opportunities. Here are just six reasons why you should study a university-level course at Leicester College:
- Affordable, high-quality learning: Our fees are more affordable than many universities, but with the same great teaching and learning experience. You could also save money by living at home rather than staying in the expensive halls of residences or private accommodation at university.
- Exceptional standards of teaching: Our teaching staff are experienced industry professionals with a genuine passion for their subjects – you can really benefit from their exceptional teaching and mentoring.
- Flexible study to suit you: We offer courses on both a full and part-time basis, enabling you to choose a mode of study that suits your lifestyle.
- Improved employability: We have long-lasting partnerships with local and national employers and focus on vocational and technical courses that allow our graduates to be careers ready. Gaining a qualification at Leicester College will help you on the road to your dream career in a highly-competitive jobs market.
- Great support: Our students benefit from having a personal tutor, who can provide support and guidance in one-to-one tutorials and help you to access additional learning support to help you to complete your course successfully.
- Your voice is heard: Student Voice is an important part of all our courses, and helps to improve your learning experience. Each course is asked to elect representatives to act as a communication channel between students, tutors and Curriculum Managers. Student reps provide regular feedback through the HE Student Forum and discussion with Curriculum Managers. We will also seek your opinion through occasional surveys, such as the Ipsos Mori National Student Survey. Your feedback through these activities is essential to ensure the continual improvement of our programmes.
Partnership with De Montfort University
Our Partnership with De Montfort University
Here at Leicester College we’re proud of our partnership with De Montfort University (DMU), a global university committed to delivering quality, creativity and innovation across a wide range of courses.
Studying on a higher education course at Leicester College awarded by DMU is a stepping stone towards a successful career for you ensuring you are well prepared for transition to university if you choose to study further. It’s a university that has a well-deserved reputation for innovative teaching methods, first class facilities and life-changing research – with dynamic links to businesses
As an undergraduate you would experience all the benefits of student life at university. Our partnership agreement with DMU enables our students to access its facilities whilst studying on one of our undergraduate courses.
- Kimberlin Library
- De Montfort Student Union
- Accommodation Services
- QEII Sports Centre (swimming pool, climbing wall, football and basketball courts, fitness suite etc)
One City, One Voice – Courses to Careers
If your programme is awarded by De Montfort University Leicester (DMU) you will experience all the benefits of student life at university. Our partnership agreement with DMU enables our students access to some of the university’s facilities while studying on one of our undergraduate courses.
DMU supports many of your ambitions for your undergraduate studies. Throughout your course our academic teams are focused on ensuring you have continuous exposure to industry speakers, live briefs and work experience.
If you study a full-time university-level programme awarded by DMU with us, you’ll have access to our facilities as well as DMU’s. This includes access to accommodation services on the same basis as DMU students, so you can request a place in halls if you need one. It also includes Student Union membership, access to the library and leisure facilities.
If you’re studying part-time or on a non-DMU course, call Student Services on 0116 224 2240 if you need help finding accommodation in Leicester.
We are very proud to be a partner of DMU. It was named as one of the 200 best young universities in the world (under the age of 50) by the Times Higher Education magazine in 2018.
University of the Year for Social Inclusion
DMU has been named the first ever University of the Year for Social Inclusion by The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019. DMU was chosen for its commitment to diversity, its teaching excellence and the success of its students in exams and graduate job prospects.
It has also been named the best university in the country for helping students find highly skilled work or further study, in a league table produced by higher education experts.
Many of our undergraduate courses are awarded by DMU. Due to our close relationship with the university, many of our students complete their top-up final year of their degree at DMU. We work with the university to ensure our students are well prepared for the transition following the completion of their undergraduate study with us.
Students on DMU-awarded courses can also make use of the university’s QEII Leisure Centre, which includes: 25-metre swimming pool, 13-metre climbing wall, eight-court sports hall, state-of-the-art fitness suite and a free-weights area.
Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) for Higher Education Membership
Leicester College is a member of QAA.
QAA is a world-leading quality agency with unmatched experience of providing impartial regulatory and collaborative quality assurance and enhancement. They work across the UK and internationally to ensure that students and learners experience the highest possible quality of education. We are an independent charity, trusted by governments and funding bodies. We work in partnership with higher education providers and colleges, including through constructive challenge, supporting them with enhancement while respecting their academic autonomy.
Through our partnership with De Montfort University, our undergraduates on DMU-awarded programmes are able to apply for the university’s accommodation.
To view their accommodation stock please visit dmu.ac.uk. Applications for DMU accommodation must be made in the first place through Leicester College. If you plan to apply to stay in DMU accommodation, please visit leicestercollege.ac.uk
Leicester is home to two large universities in addition to Leicester College. The city is well resourced to accommodate students with many independent halls of residence, as well as private accommodation available.
SULETS is the recommended private lettings agency for De Montfort University. It is jointly run by the university and its Student Union. Details about the university can be found on DMU’s website.