In this section you can find corporate information about Leicester College including its senior leadership team, key policies and procedures and other documents that explain how we work.
Our Mission and Values are set out in our Strategic Plan.
‘To equip people with the skills they need to be successful in education, in work and business and in their personal lives.’
Our Senior Leadership Team
Our Principal, supported by the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), leads the College on a day-to-day basis.
In addition to this we are directed and governed by a board of governors – The Leicester College Corporation. You can find out more about our Board in the Governance section.
Policies and Procedures
The College has a number of policies and procedures which describe how it works. You can find the key policies here.
- Careers Education and Guidance Policy
- Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults Policy
- Complaints Procedure
- Data Protection Policy
- Disciplinary Policy
- Equality and Diversity Policy
- Health and Safety Policy Statement
- Learner Punctuality, Attendance and Retention Policy
- Learning and Assessment Policy
- Prevent Strategy
- Publication Scheme and Access to Information
- Recruitment and Selection Policy
- Safeguarding Policy
- Student Application Procedure
- Subcontracting Policy
- Welfare and Financial Support for Students
- Whistleblowing Policy (Public Interest Disclosure)
Corporate Accountability Documents
- Annual Financial Statements
- Modern Slavery Statement
- Ofsted report
- Performance tables
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Report
- Student Union
- Subcontracting Policy
Freedom of Information
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 gives you the right to request information from us or any other public sector organisation. The Freedom of Information Act Publication Scheme sets out the manner in which information is available. Most of this can be found on our website or a hard copy can be provided on request. We will endeavour to provide hard copy information within 20 working days – a charge for photocopying may be made. If there is a charge we will let you know how much this will be so that you can decide if you want to go ahead.
We hold some information which is confidential as defined in the Data Protection Act. This type of information is exempt from the Freedom of Information Publication Scheme, which means that we do not have to publish it.
The main classes of information under the Publication Scheme are as follows:
- what we are and what we do
- what we spend and how we spend it
- what our priorities are and how we are doing
- how we make decisions
- our policies and procedures
- lists and registers
- the services we offer
Requests for information which is not on the website can be made to the Freedom of Information Office, Leicester College, Freemen’s Park Campus, Welford Road, Leicester LE2 7LW.