EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS)

Following the UK’s departure from the European Union (EU), all EU and European Economic Area (EEA) citizens must have residence status under the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) to continue living and studying in the UK. This is equally so for their family members, who may not be EU/EEA citizens.

Through the EU Settlement Scheme, you can be granted ‘settled status’ if you have been in the UK for 5 years or more. This gives you the right to remain in the UK with no time limit.

You can also be granted ‘pre-settled status’ if you have been in the UK for less than 5 years. This gives you a right to remain in the UK for up to 5 years, after which you can apply for Settled Status.

To enrol and study at Leicester College, you need to provide evidence to us that you have been granted either settled or pre-settled status. You will not be able to enrol and start your studies if you have not confirmed your status with us.

You can view your EUSS status and create a ‘share code’ to prove your status via the View and Prove Your Immigration Status. There are three types of ‘share code’ you can create: Right to Work; Right to Rent; or Something Else – please select the ‘SOMETHING ELSE’ share code as this is what we require.

You should email your EUSS ‘share code’ to Student Services as soon as possible, along with your full name and date of birth. A letter from the Home Office confirming the granting of your settled or pre-Settled Status is insufficient for enrolment – you must provide a ‘share code’.

If you have a UK residence permit showing settlement status or indefinite leave to remain that pre-dates the EUSS, then you will need to have a Fee Status Assessment. You should contact the Customer Service Centre to find out how to arrange this.

Student ServicesoFFICE