Higher education plays an important role in many aspects of life. Higher education is an excellent way develop yourself and to increase your career opportunities. Your future, your choice!
Here are just six reasons why you should study a university-level course at Leicester College:
- Affordable, high-quality learning: Our fees are more affordable than many universities, but with the same great teaching and learning experience. You could also save money by living at home rather than staying in the expensive halls of residences or private accommodation at university.
- Exceptional standards of teaching: Our teaching staff are experienced industry professionals with a genuine passion for their subjects – you can really benefit from their exceptional teaching and mentoring.
- Flexible study to suit you: We offer courses on both a full and part-time basis, enabling you to choose a mode of study that suits your lifestyle.
- Improved employability: We have long-lasting partnerships with local and national employers – offering you the opportunity to undertake work experience placements at some of the best companies around. Gaining a qualification at Leicester College will help you on the road to your dream career in a highly-competitive jobs market.
- Great support: Our students benefit from having a personal tutor, who can provide support and guidance in one-to-one tutorials and help you to access additional learning support to help you to complete your course successfully.
- Your voice is heard: Student Voice is an important part of all our courses, and helps to improve your learning experience. Each course is asked to elect representatives to act as a communication channel between students, tutors and Curriculum Managers. Student reps provide regular feedback through the HE Student Forum and discussion with Curriculum Managers. In addition, we are piloting an HE Student Ambassador project to ensure that our students are represented at the highest levels across the College. We will also seek your opinion through occasional surveys, such as the Ipsos Mori National Student Survey. Your feedback through these activities is essential to ensure the continual improvement of our programmes.
Higher Education Review
The Quality Assurance Agency conducted a Higher Education Review of our Undergraduate HE provision in January 2016. The QAA review team formed the following judgements about higher education provision at Leicester College:
- The maintenance of the academic standards of awards offered on behalf of degree-awarding bodies and other awarding organisations meet UK expectations.
- The quality of student learning opportunities meets UK expectations.
- The quality of the information about learning opportunities meets UK expectations.
- The enhancement of student learning opportunities meets UK expectations.
You can find the full report on the QAA website here.
In response to the review findings the College has produced an Action Plan.
To find out more call us 0116 224 2240 or email us