In an emergency contact us on 07825 175729 or 0791 7370304.
We are committed to safeguarding and providing a safe environment for all of our learners to enjoy, including young people and vulnerable adults.
We achieve this in many ways, including:
- obtaining Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks and other relevant pre-employment checks on all staff and volunteers
- obtaining DBS checks on learners who will be working with children or vulnerable adults as part of their course
- organising learner risk assessments where appropriate: these may be carried out if learners have an unspent criminal record, or pending court cases
- ongoing staff training
- operating a College wide Safeguarding Team that are easily contactable
- developing a clear process for reporting cases of suspected abuse
- taking bullying and harassment extremely seriously – if you have any concerns or this affects you, call the Student Services on 0116 224 2240.
Prevent is the name of a national anti-terrorism strategy. The Counter-Terrorism and Security Act was passed by the UK government in 2015, making it a legal requirement for schools, universities and colleges to help prevent people being drawn into terrorism and extremism. As part of this responsibility, we monitor external speakers and events; train staff and educate learners about extremism; carry out risk assessments; provide welfare and chaplaincy services to learners; and we implement a clear IT policy to keep you safe. As part of this duty, we work closely with Prevent leads in the Department for Education, Local Authority and police and may discuss individual cases if we feel this is necessary to protect the individual or the local community. If you’re concerned that one of our learner might be being drawn into extremism, you can pass on your concern by:
- telling a trusted member of staff in College
- contact our safeguarding team on 07825 175729 or 0791 7370304 or by email
- ringing the non-emergency police number 101
- in an emergency, ringing 999.
For more information call us 0116 224 2240 or email us.