The College has a number of dongles (WIFI/MiFi) that are available to loan to students. If you are lent a dongle you must agree to the following conditions.
- The dongle is for your sole use; you must not allow anyone else to sign in to, or use, the dongle once you have borrowed it.
- You agree to take good care of the device.
- Loss or damage to the device may result in you being charged for a replacement or for repair.
- The device is loaned to you for the specified period which may be extended, depending on your need but may not be extended past the final date of attendance for your course.
You must not:
- Save non-work related material from web sites onto College storage media e.g. College network or hard drives.
- Play on-line computer games.
- Use the device for on-line gambling.
- Use the device for any illegal activities.
- Download infected material or malicious code
- Defame or publish knowingly false material about the College, its suppliers, customers, students or employees.
- Make comments or post remarks which could be considered bullying, harassment, discrimination, extremist or radical against any individual.
- Use offensive, derogatory or intimidating language about the College, colleagues, students, clients or others associated with the College.
- Post or upload inappropriate comments, images, photographs or videos about the College, colleagues, students, clients, or others associated with the College.
- Knowingly access or download material that is of an offensive, obscene, pornographic, sexist, racist, extremist or radical nature including any terrorist related material or data. Downloading of such material may be treated as gross misconduct and may also contravene UK law and the College Prevent Duty and could be reported to the police
Any breach in these conditions may result in you having to return the dongle and disciplinary action being taken against you.
If you agree to the dongle lending policy, a note will be added to your borrower account stating that you have read and accepted the above conditions.
Apply for a Dongle (WIFI / MiFi ) on loan
Please fill out the form below for a dongle loan: