Enrolment 2024 FAQs

Enrolment 2024

Enrolment is the last thing you need to do to make sure you have a place at Leicester College. It is for people who have already applied to study with us. Once you have completed your enrolment your place at Leicester College is confirmed.

If you haven’t applied yet you can still make a late application.

No matter your age, we will send information on how to complete your enrolment using our new Leicester College Learner Hub. This will be sent to the email address you supplied when you applied. If it has changed then you should let us know using the Hub. There are options on the Hub to update your personal information.

You will also need to pay any fees or other things such as kit or equipment when you come enrol. You can do this is person or online. We only accept card payments.

Enrolment for ages 16-18

You will be sent details to access your Learner Hub account between 5 and 17 August.

Enrolment takes place between Thursday 22 and Friday 30 August. We will send you an invite to enrol on a day and time between these dates. You will need to come into college to complete your enrolment.

Before you come in to enrol you should set up your Learner Hub account. You will need to upload your GCSE and other level 2 results to the account, as well as a photo that we can use on your ID badge.

When you come to enrol a tutor will check your results and make sure that you are enrolling on the best course for you. They will give you a student handbook and tell when you need to come back for your first day at College.

You will be given your full timetable at induction.

Enrolment for people aged 19 and over

You will be sent details to access your Learner Hub account between during July and August. We will be sending out invites to access the Hub in waves.

Enrolment for most adults takes place between Thursday 1 and Wednesday 21 August.

You will be invited to complete your enrolment online. Once this is done, we will let you know when you need to come into College for your first class. We will also tell you if there is any equipment or specialist clothing you need while at college.

If you are 19 or over and waiting for GCSE or other exam results then you will be invited to enrol online once you have these.

If you are 19 or over and enrolling on a study programme is not just for adults you will be invited into college to complete your enrolment. This will be between 22 and 30 August, along with the 16-18 year olds.

Super Saturday

If you are new to Leicester College, you should enrol as instructed above. If you miss your slot don’t worry you can come along to Super Saturday, on 30 August. Freemen’s Park Campus will be open from 9am to 3pm for anyone to complete their enrolment.

If you haven’t applied yet you can come along on Super Saturday and apply and enrol in one go.

If you need careers advice or guidance, information about paying to study or simply need help applying pop along. There’s no need to book.

What should I do if I don’t receive the email to set up Learner Hub and enrol?

Please check your spam/junk folders for email. Do NOT reply to the email address. It is not monitored.

If you are 16-18 and haven’t received it by Thursday 22 August please let us know by filling in our contact form, and selecting the option “I’ve not received my Learner Hub account set up”.

If you are 19 or above and haven’t received it by Thursday 15 August please let us know by filling in our contact form, and selecting the option “I’ve not received my Learner Hub account set up”.

What happens if I don’t get the grades I need for the course I applied for?

Even if you don’t get the grades which you were predicted to you should still complete your enrolment. Depending on your grades you may still be able to join the course you applied for.

Alternatively, we may suggest a different course. We will be in touch to discuss your options and our careers advisors will be available also.

Is there any help to pay for course and material fees?

If you have to pay for your course, for materials, residential fees, or equipment you can pay online when you complete your enrolment.

If you have successfully applied for an Advanced Learner Loan you should upload your letter when you enrol.

Make sure that you select “student loan” when answering the question about who is paying your fees.

If you are an adult on a low income or claiming benefits you may be eligible for free course fees.

We have two Learner Support Funds (one for 16-18 year olds and one for people aged 19 and over). These help with costs of travel to and for college, essential kit, meals at college and childcare. You can apply at any point.

Applications to the Learner Support Funds are processed on a first come, first served basis. We process them as quickly as possible. It can take up to three weeks for us to process an application at busy times of the year.

We strongly recommend you apply for the Learner Support Fund as early as possible.

I’ve changed my mind about what I want to study? What can I do?

We have a team of specialist and independent careers advisors. They will talk to you about your options. You don’t have to be a student to speak to our careers advisors and the service is offered to people of all ages.

I’m an EU or EEA citizen. What information do I need to supply?

All EU and European Economic Area (EEA) citizens have to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) to continue living, working and studying in the UK.

Through the EUSS, you can be granted ‘Settled Status’ if you have been in the UK for 5 years or more. This gives you a right to remain in the UK with no time limit.

You can also be granted ‘Pre-Settled Status’ if you have been in the UK for less than 5 years. This gives you a right to remain in the UK for up to 5 years, after which you can apply for Settled Status.

More information on the EU Settlement Scheme is available

To complete your enrolment for the 2024/25 academic year you have to show us that you have either Settled or Pre-Settles Status. You can do this by sending your ‘share code’ to euss@leicestercollege.ac.uk.

You can view your EUSS status and generate a ‘share code’ via the UK government website

I can’t complete my enrolment online – what can I do?

If you can’t complete your enrolment on your own at home, we have limited spaces in College to help you. You can ask to come into College and use our computers or wifi to complete your enrolment. You can also get help enrolling if your have a disability, learning difficulty, health problem, or if English is not your first language.

Just drop in to any campus and there will be staff available to help you.

What if I am doing more than one course?

If you have successfully enrolled on one course but need to enrol on another course you should speak to your tutor (you will be given these details). Please do not submit another application.

I already study at Leicester College, do I need to re-enrol?

If you are a two-year course, such as a T level, then you don’t need to re-enrol. If you are moving from, for example, a level 2 programme to a level 3, then you will need to re-enrol.

We will send you details to re-enrol if you need to. There is no need to contact us.