The way the government funds apprenticeships in England changed in April 2017 when the Apprenticeship Levy was introduced. All employers with a wage bill of over £3 million a year have to contribute 0.5% of their total pay bill towards apprenticeship training (minus a £15,000 annual levy allowance).
What Leicester College will do to help you?
To support businesses, we have a dedicated levy support service for employers, with a focus on enabling you to maximise the return on investment from the levy.
Our Levy Co-ordination Solution Service offers:
- No-cost consultation and support to identify the impact of the levy on the individual business
- Effective support to your internal teams to enable them to effectively manage and plan the process
- Support in the programme set up, as well as delivery and management of the whole process
- Delivery of high-quality apprenticeship training that meets individual business requirements
- An organisation-wide training needs analysis to identify and map existing and potential new job roles across all levels to relevant apprenticeships
- Workforce planning support identifying measurable business benefits to be delivered
- Dedicated, free recruitment service support for new apprentice recruitment
- Co-ordination of apprenticeship training
- Management and delivery of the functional skills requirement linked to the apprenticeship
Dedicated support to deliver measurable return on investment
- Development and implementation of a talent management programme across all levels with the business
- Support succession planning and emerging skills gaps within the workforce
- Apprenticeship funding being effectively utilised to develop and upskill existing staff
- Development and implementation of bespoke Management Development Programmes
- Improving employees English and Maths, and supporting improvements in performance
- Overall improvements in cost, quality and delivery