The Higher Education Bursary Fund (HEBF) provides financial support to students undertaking a Higher Education (HE) Course via Leicester College, who meet specific eligibility criteria. Courses that are eligible are HE courses where fees are paid directly to Leicester College.
The money in the Fund is given out on a “first-come, first-served” basis, so you should apply as soon as possible for the best chance of receiving support from the Fund.
To apply you must meet the eligibility criteria below and complete the HE Bursary Form.
Once an application has been received and assessed the welfare team will contact you to let you know if we can provide financial support from the Fund and payments will be made directly to your bank account.
Eligibility criteria – you must:
- Be undertaking a HE course at Leicester College, where fees are paid directly to Leicester College
- You must have applied and received all eligible finance via Student Finance England. If you have chosen not to apply for a maintenance loan or selected the non-means tested element of student finance, then you will not be entitled to claim for this fund.
- Meet at least one of the application criteria below (evidence is required):
- Have dependent children
- Be a care leaver
- Live independently
- Be enrolled on a specific HE Art & Design Course with fees paid to Leicester College
- Study part-time and have dependent children
- Live at least +10 miles from Campus
- Are a disabled student
HE Bursary Fund Application
Important: Your application will not be considered if you do not answer all the appropriate sections and provide all relevant documents.