Leicester College is the largest apprenticeship training delivery organisation in Leicester, helping apprentices to learn new skills and gain experience to succeed in their chosen career, and offering wide-ranging expertise to businesses through work with an impressive range of industries.
Apprenticeships at Leicester College are suitable for both school leavers as well as people who already have work experience. All apprenticeships involve both study for a qualification that’s relevant to industry, as well as on-the-job training.
The College’s dedicated employer engagement team works with local businesses all year round, assisting them to find the right individual to employ. 94% of businesses surveyed say that they would recommend Leicester College to others.
The new apprenticeship standards were introduced by the government led by employers including specific knowledge, skills, and behaviour for a specific occupation. It enables employers to have more involvement as an apprentices-provider by delivering in-house training.
The new standards are also shorter and more concise, each standard has an assessment plan, which is similar to the old framework. The standards do not include continual assessment but instead, the apprentice will do 20% off-the-job training, progress weighting, and end-point assessment (EPA).
As a large provider of training and a recognized expert in apprenticeships, we are working at a national level on these new reforms. We are therefore excellently placed to keep our employers informed of any development or changes to their current apprenticeship format.
Business, Management & Administration
Built Environment & Onsite Construction
- Bricklayer Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2
- Carpentry and Joinery LC (Bench) Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2
- Carpentry and Joinery LC (Site) Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2
- Furniture Manufacturer LC Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2
- Carpentry and Joinery LC Site Advanced Apprenticeship Standard Level 3
- Construction Site Supervisor Higher Apprenticeship Level 4
- Electrical Installation Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3
- Gas Engineering Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3
- Plastering Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2
- Property Maintenance Operative Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2
- Plumbing and Domestic Heating Apprenticeship Level 3
Engineering Manufacturing and Motor Vehicle
- Engineering Fitter Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3
- Engineering Metal Fabricator Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3
- Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3
- Machining Technician Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3
- Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Level 3