At Leicester College, we are proud of all the employers and organisations that we work with. In order to recognise their contributions and hard work, we hosted a breakfast morning to say thank you.
Over the years Leicester College has worked with many businesses, all of them, in one way or another, have assisted our students and apprentices on their journey towards employment.
Through work experience, apprenticeships, live briefs, industry master classes and donations of time and equipment, our partners make great strides into giving our students and apprentices the all-important employability skills that they need for today’s job market.
Another by-product of spending time in the industry is that students and apprentices show more enthusiasm and ambition in the classroom and the workplace, having a much better understanding of where their studies may eventually take them.
The contribution they make to the experience of our students and apprentices, and to the College generally, is highly valued and appreciated. We hope to continue working with these employers and organisations well into the future.
Construction Apprentice Tia Whelan spoke to employers about her experience as an apprentice at Leicester College. Tia has also been shortlisted for the Festival of Learning Award recognising her achievements.
At Leicester College we have worked with employers and organisations in the following areas:
- Business and Retail – employers in this area have been very accommodating in providing apprenticeship opportunities to our students.
- Childcare and Health and Social Care – employers in this sector have also provided excellent apprenticeships to assist the learning of our students.
- Construction – this is the largest and most popular area for apprenticeships which has helped our students to gain the technical skills required for the industry.
- Hairdressing and Barbering – students have benefitted by industry experience, from practising in the college
salon to dealing with clients in a salon on the high street.
- Motor Vehicle and Engineering – students have benefitted with apprenticeship opportunities from employers in this area.
- Supported Learning – employers have helped our supported learning students experience employment and develop their skills.
“Apprenticeships are thriving with our team continuing to welcome new employers and bring in new opportunities. In the upcoming academic year, we’re introducing apprenticeships in teaching and mentoring. The range of apprenticeships is continuing to grow, we are proud of what can offer through the college and the partnerships we have made with many of you here today.
We’re very proud of all the businesses who support our students and we hope to see more employers next year.” – Principal Verity Hancock
“This morning was both enjoyable and informative” – Briggs and Forrester
“We had a fantastic time on Friday, it felt like a real treat!” – Emma Boccetti (Supported Learning)