A warm welcome to all students who are Young Adult Carers at Leicester College! Join us at the Young Adult Carers Society every month and meet other carers from across the college or from the same curriculum area as you.
Benefits of Joining:
- Keep in touch with fellow students at Leicester College who are also Young Adult Carers
- Comfortably share your experiences with other students who have similar stories to you
- Discuss the provision that Leicester College currently offers to all Young Adult Carers…Is the support available helping you?
- Voice your thoughts and tell us what you need to make your educational experience successful as well as memorable!
- The Young Adult Carers Society is completely optional but open to you all at any time
Purpose of the Young Adult Carers Society:
The Society is a safe space for you to openly speak about your role and ask for the support you need. You will receive guidance from the Young Adult Carer Coordinators, but you can also build friendly, positive relationships with other peers in the group.
In addition to this, you will be able to propose activities that you would be interested in taking part in. Our recent discussions with Young Adult Carers have made us aware of your busy schedules which restricts time for recreation and socialising. Enrichment opportunities are incredibly beneficial in maintaining well-being, therefore we will work towards making your interests a reality. This may be in the form of online activities rather than in-person attendance and at times that suit you.
At Leicester College, we pride ourselves on person-centred working and listening to students’ voices. We want these sessions to be a valuable asset to each of you.
So, we want to hear from you…
What will make your time at Leicester College memorable as well as successful?
Join us virtually via Microsoft Teams on Friday 27th November 2020 at 12pm! Contact the YAC team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for the link.