Start your career with us. Primarily the role is responsible for supporting all day-to-day office and outreach activity, premises and facilities management, finance processes and internal communication
£8,236.80 a year
Mon, Tues, Thurs, Friday 9am-5pm
Total hours per week: 30 hours a week
Possible start date
18 Dec 2023
08 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
1 position available
What will the apprentice be doing?
- First point of contact for all office enquiries, liaising with landlords, utilities, as well as parents, participants, funders and supporters.
- Maintain internal office communications and organisation systems including kit booking and room booking calendars and processes.
- Support alternative education provision administration.
- Induct new members of freelance staff on Pedestrian’s processes.
- Maintain databases of contact information and other relevant information for staff, freelancers and participants in line with GDPR requirements.
- Support monitoring and reporting requirements for individual projects.
- Support external finance team with finance administration including: purchase and sales invoice advice, petty cash project coding, client detail forms, bank deposits, raising invoices and remittance records.
- Central internal point of contact for all internal and external finance queries.
- Predominately office based to oversee day-to-day organisational activity.
- Represent the organisation at meetings and events as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will complete a advanced level 3 apprenticeship in Business Admin.
You will attend college, one day every two weeks at Freemens Park Campus.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once you complete you can progress onto a management programme.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Problem solving skills
- Administrative skills
- Number skills
- Analytical skills
- Team working
- Non judgemental
- GCSE or equivalent English (Grade Grade c or Level 4) essential
- GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade Grade c or Level 4) essential
About the employer
Pedestrian is a leading arts organisation and charity specialising in music and arts education based in the heart of Leicester’s bustling city centre. Since 1998, we have built a strong track record of delivering high quality creative activity that has seen us complete over 14,000 workshops. We provide education, training and outreach projects for young people in adverse and challenging circumstances, vulnerable adults and communities in Leicester, Leicestershire and across the Midlands. Our participants are often socially excluded, not in education, employment or training (NEET) or experiencing disadvantage. We believe that with the right levels of support and timely intervention everyone can achieve their goals, we call this ‘Pioneering Potential’. We have three main areas of work: Alternative Education Provision (AEP) Early Intervention & Outreach Progression & Training All of our artists and tutors are specialists in their own fields, have an Enhanced DBS check every two years and have annual safeguarding training.
- HORSEFAIR STREET
- LE1 5BP
Business administrator Level 3 (A level)