Get set for T levels
T levels are a new type of vocational qualification that are equivalent to 3 A levels. If you’re not quite ready to start on a T level but want to begin on the path to your chosen career, a Transition Programme could be for you.
We will start to teach Transition Programmes in September 2021 in the following areas:
- Education and childcare
- Health and science
Transition Programmes are tailored to get students ready to move onto a T level. They will give you the opportunity to improve your English and maths, your work readiness skills, and introduce you to the technical skills and concepts that you will need for the T level in your chosen field.
T level Transition Programmes are made up of 5 parts:
- Diagnostic and guidance period – this is where we will assess your needs and tailor the programme to you, helping you to decide on your T level route.
- English and maths – the programme will fast track you to a grade 4 with additional teaching and specific learning relevant to the subject you have chosen.
- Introductory technical skills – T level route activity and learning to prepare you for the jump to T level.
- Pastoral support & personal development – helping you to address any barriers to learning and providing support for the development of study skills, or adding in resilience skills so you are ready for the challenges of T level study.
- Work experience and preparation – to help you develop the skills, behaviours and attitudes that will be needed to complete a T level industry placement
Entry criteria for Transition Programmes
The entry requirements differ depending on the area you wish to study and work in.
|English grade required||Maths grade required||Other requirements|
|Construction||GCSE grade 3||GCSE grade 3||2 other GCSEs at grade 3, including a science or technical based subject|
|Digital||GCSE grade 3 or 4||GCSE grade 3 or 4||Maths or English is required at grade 4, plus 2 other GCSEs at grade 4|
|Education and childcare||GCSE grade 4||GCSE grade 3||2 other GCSEs at grade 4|
|Health and science||GCSE grade 4||GCSE grade 3||Double science at grade 4, plus one other GCSE at grade 4|