Please note that your visa status will determine what courses you can apply for at Leicester College. Refer to the Visas & Immigration section for more information.
Once you have chosen your preferred course, you will need to:
1. Complete an online ‘International Application Form’:
The online application form for International students is available here: https://apply.lec.ac.uk/int/application.php
Please ensure that your application is complete, with a detailed personal statement and details of previous qualifications gained and current study.
2. Submit the following documents by email:
After completing and submitting the online application, you must scan the following documents and send them to the International Office by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or submit the documents in person at the International Office at St Margaret’s Campus:
- A copy of your passport (as well as all previous UK visas, or your current UK visa / BRP if you are already in the UK) – essential for all applications
- Copies of the educational qualifications / certificates you are using as the basis of your application
- generally a high-school qualification after 12-13 years of schooling (A-Level comparable qualification) is required for entry to Higher Education (undergraduate) programmes in the UK.
- generally a high-school qualification after 10-11 years of schooling (GCSE comparable qualification) is required for entry to Level 3 Diploma programmes in the UK.
- Note: non-English language qualifications must be translated and certified in English by an authorised translator.
- A copy of your “IELTS for UKVI” secure English language test (SELT) result (or an equivalent UKVI approved SELT) – not required for ESOL applications.
Please note that if you don’t provide these additional documents, we cannot process your application.
3. Your application is assessed:
Your application will be assessed against the College’s admission requirements, including meeting any academic entry pre-requisites or other requirements, as well as against Home Office / UKVI eligibility criteria.
- You will be asked to provide evidence of funds to cover your fees and living expenses in the UK (including the Home Office’s ‘financial requirement’) to our satisfaction.
- You may also be asked to provide additional information to allow us to complete our assessment.
- You may also be required to provide a Tuberculosis Certificate, depending on your country of residence.
4. If your application is successful:
If your application is successful, you will receive a Conditional Offer letter, a Reply Slip and a Financial Guarantee Form.
- To confirm your acceptance, you must complete and return the Reply Slip and the Financial Guarantee form (if required), and make the minimum deposit payment of £3,000 (or the total amount of fees payable, if less than £3,000).
- Information on how to make the deposit payment is provided in the Conditional Offer letter. Any remainder is payable on or before enrolment day.
- There may be additional conditions placed on the offer, such as provision of additional information or evidence of access to funds etc.
Once these conditions are met you will be provided with a Formal Offer Letter to support your visa application.
- If you are applying for a sponsored Student Visa, you can submit your visa application up to six (6) months before your course starts.
- If you are applying for Standard Visitor Visa or a Short-term Study Visa, you can submit your visa application up to three (3) months before your course starts.
If you have any questions about applying for your course please contact the International Office by email email@example.com or by telephone +44 (0)116 224 4111.