Does the College provide accommodation or arrange a host family?

Leicester College has no student accommodation or host families. We will help you find your own suitable accommodation. We can provide a list of student halls of residences within walking distance of our campuses. You will need to contact these accommodation providers yourself but the International Office is always willing and able to provide whatever advice and assistance students may need.  Please refer to the the Accomodation Guide section for more information.

Do my course fees include any accommodation cost?

No, course fees do not include any cost for your accommodation.

Can I pay my fees in instalments?

You must pay your total fees for the first year at or before enrolment. In some exceptional circumstances we may agree for fee payment by monthly instalments. This is generally not possible in the first year of your studies. If an instalment plan is agreed, the maximum number of instalments is seven and all fees must be paid before the end of the course.  No course results or certificates will be issued to students who have not paid all outstanding fees.

Do I receive a bus pass from the College to help with travel costs?

You can apply directly to local bus companies for a student bus pass. These normally cost between £100 and £150 for a three-month pass.

Am I allowed to work while studying?

Students on Short-term Study Visas are not able to work under any circumstances. For more information on Short-term Study Visas, see the UKVI website.

Am I entitled to any medical care?

If you are coming to study on a full time course for longer than six months you will have paid the “immigration health surcharge” and you will be entitled to receive free medical care but you will have to pay for medicines prescribed by the doctor, dental treatment, and eye care as any other resident in the UK does.

If you are coming to study on a course for six months or less or are planning to visit other countries you will need to take out medical and travel insurance in your own country before travelling to the UK. We will assist you to register with a doctor once you have enrolled on the course. Please refer to the Health Insurance and the NHS page for more information.

Is there any financial help available to overseas students?

Unfortunately the College does not have any scholarships or bursaries available to overseas students for our courses. However, our partner, De Montfort University, offers financial bursaries to Leicester College students who complete one of our programmes and then progress onto a De Montfort University degree programme. These bursaries are offered to all students on a first come basis. Please refer to the DMU Bursaries page for more information.

Is my £1,500 deposit refundable?

The deposit is only refundable if you have failed to get a student visa. You will need to send us the original visa refusal letter issued by the British Embassy/High Commission or the UK Visas and Immigration/Home Office before we can refund your money. We will keep £250 to cover the administration costs and refund the remainder. The deposit may not be refunded if your visa refusal was due to fraud in the application process or if inaccurate or incomplete information was provided with your visa application.

Once you have enrolled and commenced your course with Leicester College, no fees refunds are available.

Will the College help me appeal if my visa is refused?

We are unable appeal on anyone’s behalf or advise further with the appeal process.  We advise you to contact an immigration professional to help you with this.

Can I cancel my admission to Leicester College after my arrival in the UK?

If you come to the UK on a Tier 4 (General) Student visa you cannot cancel your admission, because your visa is attached to Leicester College through the CAS we issue. It means if you decide to study at another institution you will have to gain fresh permission from UK Visas and Immigration, by applying for a new visa, before commencing your study at another institution.

We also report to UK Visas and Immigration if any person fails to enrol on a course within 10 days of the commencement date or fails to attend any lessons for 10 consecutive days after enrolment and during term-time.

Once you have enrolled and commenced your course, no fees refunds are available.