Understanding Impacts of Industry and Organisations on the Natural Environment, How to Encourage Biodiversity, Habitats Eco-Systems
This one day programme has an emphasis on those individuals and businesses that want to cost effectively improve, encourage and better understand natural habitats, eco-systems and biodiversity of their organisation and surrounding location. What can practically be done to improve green credentials on both a individual and organisational level.
What You'll Learn
1. What is the natural and built environment and why this is important.
2. What is Biodiversity, Biogeography and Biomes. Understand the importance and relevance of terminology.
3. Land protection status, legislation and guidance. How does have influence on land use and new construction projects.
4.Indigenous, invasive and protected species. Impacts and solutions.
5. Ecology and ecologists? Understanding the importance of scientific discipline and its practical application.
6. Solutions to improving biodiversity, habitat and eco-systems.
How you will be assessed
Short online informal assessment and awarded CPD certification
Tuition Fees (16-18): £0.00
Tuition Fees (19+): £0.00
If the course is longer than one year the total fees are for the first year only and further fees may apply in future years. All fees are based on a ‘home’ learner status. Please contact us for information on overseas fees.
For more information, please see our course fee disclaimers page.
Course and Career progression
1. Students looking for a more specific career within the sustainability and Environmental sector.
2. Those who have taken on sustainable and environmental responsibilities within their own organisation.
3. Those who would like to better understand requirements for their own organisation, Managers, Leaders or other positions of employment.
4. Individuals who have specific interest in the sustainable and environmental subjects.
5. Opportunity to study further within sector or relevant industries at HE level.