This course provides an exciting opportunity to understand the financial markets and banking systems structures. Developed by financial and educational experts, the T Level Finance – Financial Compliance/Risk Assessment qualification will help you develop core competences and skills that are required in the financial sector. And teach you how to use digital tools to understand the processes and systems that are used in the financial markets. This course enables you to understand the operations of the stock markets and how trading in bonds and stocks happen in the stock markets. This course provides an understanding of how mergers and acquisitions work and how a financial compliant/ risk analyst can help mitigate the risks of a merger and acquisition process.
A T level qualification is equivalent to 3 A levels – which will give you an excellent grounding to move into an occupational specialism which is financial compliance/ risk analyst in the second year. You will spend 80% of their time in college learning about your chosen subject, and 20% of their time working in an industry placement – which is at least 315 hours (45 days) – where you will put what you have learnt into practice.
What You'll Learn
In the first year, you will study the core component and these are the following elements/ units
1. The Business Environment
2. Careers within Finance and Accounting Professions
4. Professionalism and ethics/equality, diversity and inclusion – Part One
5. Security and Risk
6. Professional Services
7. Fundamentals of Law
8. Fundamentals of Financial Accounting
10. Data Driven Innovation/Analytics and Design Thinking
11. Research Skills
12. Project/Change Management and Administration
13. The Financial Services Sector
14. Professionalism and ethics – Part Two
In the second year, you will study the occupational specialism – financial compliance/ risk analyst and these are the following elements/ units
1. Operate ethically and professionally in all interactions to internal and external customers.
2. Communicate risk implications of products and services to internal and external customers.
3. Communicate regulatory implications of products and services to internal and external customers
4. Investigate and analyse potential risk or regulatory issues and present findings.
You should have 5 GCSEs at Grade 5 or above, including maths and English. We can accept alternative equivalent qualifications.
How you will be assessed
There are formal assessments during the two years:
– In the first year, there are two exams and an employer set project.
– In the second year, there is a synoptic practical assessment for the occupational specialism.
Tuition Fees (16-18): £0.00
If the course is longer than one year the total fees are for the first year only and further fees may apply in future years. All fees are based on a ‘home’ learner status. Please contact us for information on overseas fees.
For more information, please see our course fee disclaimers page.
Course and Career progression
After two years, you can progress to other Level 4 Finance Apprenticeships to develop further skillsets. You can also progress to a relevant Higher Technical Qualification (HTQ) or degree programme pathway.
Gaining a T-Level Finance qualification supports progression to many entry level job opportunities in finance and banking, such as:
– Compliance officer
– Risk officer
– Financial adviser
– Business adviser
– Credit controller
What Happens Next
Apply online via the College website, or if your school uses the Positive Steps @16 (PS16) application system please apply through this and speak to your careers advisor if you are unsure. You will need details of your qualifications, a reference, and a personal statement to complete your application. Once your application has been successfully processed, you will be sent a conditional offer and be invited to a welcome event at the College to meet your tutors, learn more about your chosen course of study and tour the facilities. You will then need to confirm your acceptance of the course offered to you.