Energy Conservation Efficient Buildings and Structures.
This one day course is focused on those who want to have an initial understanding in the importance in both the energy use and conservation of buildings and structures. The use of environmental and thermal testing equipment, with associated heat loss/gain calculations will also be an emphasis.
What You'll Learn
1. What is energy and the laws of Thermal Dynamics. Basic scientific concepts and terminology.
2. Energy Conservation solutions and why this is important.
3. Energy Performance Certification (EPC) accrediting building performance.
4. Energy research and data. Understanding research and analysis of performance.
5. BREEAM purpose and function.
6. Thermal performance and targets. Use of testing equipment.
7.Calculating heat loss and gain for structures.
How you will be assessed
Short online informal assessment and awarded CPD certification
Tuition Fees (16-18): £0.00
Tuition Fees (19+): £0.00
If the course is longer than one year the total fees are for the first year only and further fees may apply in future years. All fees are based on a ‘home’ learner status. Please contact us for information on overseas fees.
For more information, please see our course fee disclaimers page.
Course and Career progression
1. Students looking for a more specific career within the sustainability and Environmental sector.
2. Those who have taken on sustainable and environmental responsibilities within their own organisation.
3. Those who would like to better understand requirements for their own organisation, Managers, Leaders or other positions of employment.
4. Individuals who have specific interest in the sustainable and environmental subjects.
5. Opportunity to study further within sector or relevant industries at HE level.