This Contact Centre SWAP (Sector-based Work Academy Programme) Award level 1 is a one week course that is designed with customer service at the heart, to prepare candidates for the role of an Energy Specialist. Where possible, the tutors will use examples from the energy industry to give candidates the confidence to work in a fast-paced environment.
This is an online course that gives you the flexibility of working from home.
This course will be particularly beneficial if you are 19+ and seeking employment in the customer service profession.
What You'll Learn
During this online course, you will learn about the following:
1. Team working skills and what it takes to be successful in the workplace.
2. How to quickly establish the cause of work-related problems and how to resolve the problems efficiently
3. Recognising, valuing, and supporting diversity at work
4. Effective communication in the workplace
5. Developing speaking and listening skills in a professional environment.
6. Building and managing relationships in the workplace.
7. Strategies to manage conflict within the workplace.
8. The importance of customer service.
9. How to deliver great customer service.
10. How to effectively deal with customer complaints.
Literacy skills at entry level 3 and the ability to use a computer.
Access to a PC or laptop (with a camera) and internet access.
How you will be assessed
You will complete short, mock tests at the end of each learning unit. When confident, and following a discussion with your tutor, you will complete a multiple-choice online exam.
Tuition Fees (16-18): £0.00
Tuition Fees (19+): £0.00
If the course is longer than one year the total fees are for the first year only and further fees may apply in future years. All fees are based on a ‘home’ learner status. Please contact us for information on overseas fees.
For more information, please see our course fee disclaimers page.
Course and Career progression
Upon successful completion of the SWAP Award level 1, Candidates will have the required knowledge and skills to be able to apply for live vacancies.
For more detailed advice and guidance about future steps, you can make an appointment with one of our qualified careers advisers who can support you to find the most suitable career path for you and to make the most of your skills and qualifications.
What Happens Next
You must be referred by your Work Coach for this programme.
Applications via JCP, please let your Work Coach know. Subject to individual eligibility and type of benefit, the vast majority of courses are FREE to people in receipt of an employment-related benefit JSA, Universal Credit or ESA (Employment and Support Allowance).