Enterprise and entrepreneurship is a major part of the drive to increase the employability of young people in the UK and globally. This course is designed to introduce you to essential business skills useful for all types of employment and everyday life including; marketing, running a business and managing personal finances.
The qualification is aimed at post-16 students wanting to continue their education through applied learning and who aim to progress to higher education, and ultimately to employment in the enterprise sector. It is equivalent to 1.5 A-levels and, upon completion, students can progress onto the Extended Diploma (C0829).
What You'll Learn
The course is a one year level 3 qualification and during the year you still study the following six units:
1. Enterprise and entrepreneurship: Understanding the importance of enterprise and entrepreneurs to the local and national economy.
2. Developing a marketing campaign: Understanding how a marketing campaign is developed, the different stages of the process from concept to delivery and developing your own campaign for a given product/service.
3. Personal and Business Finance: Understanding why money is important and how managing your money can help prevent future financial difficulties. This will help you understand the financial decisions you will need to take throughout your life and how risk can affect you and your choices.
4. Launch and run an enterprise: You need a good idea, to spot a gap in the market and have the organisational skills to launch and run an enterprise. In this module you will develop a plan for an enterprise and create a marketing strategy to inform your target market about your product/service.
5. Enterprise and entrepreneurship: Explore the characteristics of successful entrepreneurs and investigate the strategies employed by enterprises to develop and use entrepreneurial skills in their own workforce.
6. Innovation and enterprises: Explore and understand what innovation is about, including changing processes so that the enterprise becomes more efficient, as well as responding creatively to the needs and interests of consumers.
You will need 5 GCSEs at grade 4 or above which should include English and maths. You will also need to provide one academic reference from your most recent place of education.
How you will be assessed
You will be assessed through a combination of exams, coursework and presentations.
Tuition Fees (16-18): £0.00
Tuition Fees (19+): £4170.00
During the academic year, you may be given the opportunity to go on trips. These are currently on hold due to COVID19, however, if they are able to go ahead then students will be requested to pay any trip fees prior to the trip taking place.
The Peter Jones Enterprise Academy prides itself on a professional image and therefore does not permit students to wear jeans, trainers, caps, hoodies, sweatshirt tops/bottoms. You will need to purchase smart clothing as part of this course. The dress code can be relaxed at the teaching team’s discretion.
If the course is longer than one year the total fees are for the first year only and further fees may apply in future years. All fees are based on a ‘home’ learner status. Please contact us for information on overseas fees.
For more information, please see our course fee disclaimers page.
If you are aged 19 or over there is no government funding available for this course. However you may be eligible to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan for the course fee.
Course and Career progression
Upon completion you will be able to progress onto the Extended Diploma (C0829) to do a further year of study, building on your knowledge from this course. Alternatively you may choose to progress directly into employment or an apprenticeship or even start your own business. You will also gain transferable knowledge, understanding and skills that give you an advantage in applying for a range of ‘school leaver’ programmes in management.
What Happens Next
Apply online via the College website, or if your school uses the Positive Steps @ 16 (PS16) application system please apply through this and speak to your careers advisor if you are unsure. You will need details of your qualifications and employment history, a reference, and a personal statement to complete your application. Once your application has been successfully processed, you will be sent a conditional offer and be invited to a Welcome Event at the College to meet your tutors, learn more about your chosen course of study and tour the facilities. You will then need to confirm your acceptance of the course offered to you.