This team is passionate about organising a fantastic calendar of events for you to enjoy. We implement activities that can enrich your life, raise your awareness of the diverse society we live in and give you new experiences. This includes attending workshops, going on trips, getting involved with the local community through volunteering or engaging in charity work. These activities not only allow you to have fun but enhance your life experience and future employability.
While at College, you will have the chance to visit and take part in fairs and sales taking place in the campus atria, attend seminars and talks by inspirational speakers, and sample our legendary samosas. We also organise plenty of fun activities away from campus, too – and the cost is usually subsidised, making these trips really affordable. Past activities have included ice skating trips; visits to Christmas markets; climbing Snowdon; going for a private tour of the Houses of Parliament; visiting the Slavery Museum in Liverpool; and a day out at Alton Towers. We’ve always got something planned, and we raise money for charity with bake sales, too.
SET are also responsible for each of the city centre campuses’ social spaces, which are dedicated areas where learners can relax, play video games, and use computers.
Events and Trips
- Thursday 21 November 2019 10am – 3pm ASPIRE The Way of the Horse – A resilience programme for adult enrichment (Lutterworth)
- Thursday 21 – Saturday 23 November 2019 WorldSkills UK (Birmingham)
- Monday 25 November 2019 9am – 2pm Speed Networking Event (Abbey Park Campus)
- Tuesday 26 November 2019 Consent the Prevent talks 10.45am at Freemen’s Park Campus GP Hall – Chris Hardy Talk – Chris is a former right wing extremist who was once a member of a paramilitary gang and perpetrator of hate crimes against minority groups in the country. He has turned his life around after receiving Prevent support and finding faith. He now works for a charity and supports local communities. (216 places)
- Tuesday 26 November 2019 Consent the Prevent talks 12.30pm at St Margaret’s Campus Room 0.04 – Nicola Benyahia Talk – Following the death of her son in Syria in 2015 Nicola founded a counselling organisation, ‘Families For Life’, which aims to support families through the psychological and counter radicalisation process. (40 places)
- Tuesday 26 November 2019 Consent the Prevent talks 2.45pm at Abbey Park Campus Room 2.02 C Block – Alpha Cheng talk – Alpha is an Australian High School teacher, currently visiting the UK on a Churchill Fellowship studying violent extremism. In 2015 his father was killed in a terrorist attack in Parramatta, Sydney. The perpetrator, a 15-year old Islamist Jihadi also died at the scene. Alpha’s research explores how a 15-year old boy became a terrorist and how Australia can prevent this from happening again in the future. (56 places)
- Tuesday 26 November 2019 3 – 5.30pm Rock Climbing (The Tower, Beaumont Leys)
- Wednesday 27 November 2019 12 – 4pm Competitive Basketball Derby College vs Leicester College (Away at Derby College)
- Thursday 28 November 2019 10am – 3pm ASPIRE The Way of the Horse – A resilience programme for adult enrichment (Lutterworth)
- Thursday 28 November 2019 6.30 – 9.30pm Curve Theatre (Leicester City Centre)
- Saturday 30 November 2019 6.30 – 7.55pm ASPIRE Festival of Choirs
- Sunday 1 December 2019 Santa Fun Run
- Sunday 1 December 2019 World Aids Day
- Thursday 5 December 2019 10am – 3pm ASPIRE The Way of the Horse – A resilience programme for adult enrichment (Lutterworth)
- Thursday 5 December 2019 Nottingham Christmas Market (Nottingham)
- Friday 6 December 2019 Lincoln Christmas Market (Lincoln)
- Monday 9 December 2019 Christmas Celebration (Abbey Park Campus)
- Tuesday 10 December 2019 Christmas Celebration (Freemen’s Park Campus)
- Wednesday 11 December 2019 Houses of Parliament (London)
- Thursday 12 December 10am – 3pm ASPIRE The Way of the Horse – A resilience programme for adult enrichment (Lutterworth)
- Thursday 12 December 2 – 4.30pm ASPIRE Westside Story (Curve Theatre, Leicester)
- Monday 16 December Hannukah Celebrations (St Margaret’s Campus)
- Wednesday 18 December 12 – 3.30pm Competitive Basketball Loughborough College vs Leicester College (Away at Loughborough College)
- Thursday 19 December 10am – 3pm ASPIRE The Way of the Horse – A resilience programme for adult enrichment (Lutterworth)
- Thursday 19 December 6.30 – 10pm Ice Skating at Nottingham Arena (Nottingham)
You can catch up with all events and activities we are planning by keeping an eye on our Moodle page or our Twitter @LCSETeam.
For more information call us on 0116 224 2240 or email us