In August 2019 the LEET Learner Engagement & Enrichment Team changed its name to SET Student Enrichment Team,
What does SET do?
SET look after the following areas:
- Active Lifestyles (Sports, Charity Challenges, Outdoor Pursuits) speak to Steve Whittle or Pravin Patel
- Employability (Industry Visits, World of Work, Mock Interviews, Volunteering) speak to Jane Prior, Leigh Rees or Harj Singh
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (Diversity Programmes, Multi-Faith Chaplaincy, Aspire Enrichment) speak to Angie Alexander, Sharen Ravat, Pravin Patel
- Personal Development (Independent Living, Body Image Workshops, Get Future Smart. Focus Groups) speak to Richard White, Leigh Rees and Angie Alexander
- Social Spaces (Relax, Play Games and Meet New People) speak to Ayolah Hanley or Julekha Bobat
- Student Voice (Student Union, Course Representatives, Events and Committees) speak to Craig Whitehill and Harjinder Singh
This team is passionate about organising a fantastic calendar of events for you to enjoy. We implement activities that can enrich your life, raise your awareness of the diverse society we live in and give you new experiences. This includes attending workshops, going on trips, getting involved with the local community through volunteering or engaging in charity work. These activities not only allow you to have fun but enhance your life experience and future employability.
While at College, you will have the chance to visit and take part in fairs and sales taking place in the campus atria, attend seminars and talks by inspirational speakers, and sample our legendary samosas. We also organise plenty of fun activities away from campus, too – and the cost is usually subsidised, making these trips really affordable. Past activities have included ice skating trips; visits to Christmas markets; climbing Snowdon; going for a private tour of the Houses of Parliament; visiting the Slavery Museum in Liverpool; and a day out at Alton Towers. We’ve always got something planned, and we raise money for charity with bake sales, too.
SET are also responsible for each of the city centre campuses’ social spaces, which are dedicated areas where learners can relax, play video games, and use computers.
Where can you find us?
Abbey Park Campus – A Block 2.19
Freemen’s Park Campus – A Block LG 0.16
St Margaret’s – 1.33
Events and Trips
Sat 21 March 2020 – Celebration on Campus – Naw Ruz – Bahai New Year
Mon 23 – Sun 29 March 2020 – Respect Week – All Campuses
Tue 24 March 2020 – Staying Safe Conference – All Campuses
Wed 1 April 2020 – Celebration on Campus – Langer on Campus
Fri 3 April 2020 – Rutland Water Bike Ride – £10
Fri 10 April 2020 – Celebration on Campus – Easter
Aspire Adult Enrichment
Contact SET for further information with regards to dates.
Trip to the National Holocaust Centre
#TTC – Art Exhibition
Trip to Melton Mowbray
Yoga for Stress and Anxiety Workshops
An Introduction to Mental Health and Wellbeing Workshops
1-2-1 Support Sessions
You can catch up with all events and activities we are planning by keeping an eye on our Moodle page or our Twitter @LCSETeam.
For more information call us on 0116 224 2240 or email us