Learner Employability Achievement Programme (LEAP)
The Learner Employability Achievement Programme provides opportunities to:
- Develop a positive mindset and build resilience to help you to succeed in all aspects of your life
- Enhance the employability skills employers are looking for in college and university graduates
- Take part in collaborative projects and employer-led events to enhance your learning journey
- Access online activities to promote independent learning
- Join in with enrichment activities, meet new people and have fun
- Get ready for progression and the world of work!
National Citizen Service (NCS)
The National Citizen Service programme provides learners with the opportunity to meet new people, learn new skills and gain valuable work experience. Leicester College works in partnership with NCS to ensure all full time 16 and 17 year olds have the opportunity to take part in NCS during their time at College.
Leicestershire Police Cadets Programme:
New this academic year, Leicester College is hosting a Leicestershire Police Cadets Programme for 13-15 year olds across the county (facilitated by Police Sergeant and other Police family members) and an exclusive programme for Leicester College 16-18 year old UPS learners (also open to all learners across the college, subject to availability).
- Promote a practical understanding of policing among all young people
- Encourage a spirit of adventure and good citizenship
- Support local policing priorities through volunteering and give young people a chance to be heard
- Inspire young people to participate positively in their communities
- Gain opportunities to become leaders within the cadet programme or volunteer within Leicestershire Police
- Take part in a one-year programme, with opportunities to continue and progress.
Sessions are currently ran on Thursdays at Abbey Park Campus (13-15 year olds: 5.30-7.30pm and 16-18 year olds: 7.30-9.00pm).
The Employability Hub, located on Moodle, is the first stop to becoming employable. Find out everything you need to know to prepare you for progression and the world of work. Find out what employers are looking for, relevant job and work related opportunities, and specialist careers advice and guidance. Use a range of self-development tools to identify your potential and work towards planning and achieving your personal and professional aspirations and goals.