If a student or the parents/carers of a student are in receipt of one of the following benefits they are eligible for a subsidised meal for each day that they are timetabled to attend Leicester College.
- Income support (IS)
- Income based jobseekers allowance (JSA)
- Income related Employment and Support allowance (ESA)
- Support under part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1st April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax not including any benefits you get).
Students need to complete a 16 -18 year old Bursary application form and provide evidence of one of the above benefits and also be enrolled on a course in order to qualify for a subsidised meal. For those that are eligible an amount to the value of £2.41 will be added to their ID card each day and this can be used in the college Food Inc outlets and Zest at Freemen’s Park Campus.
Students who are aged 19-24 who have an Education Health Care Plan are also eligible for a subsidised meal.