WQE College has an exciting opportunity for a Level 3 Customer Service Specialist to work as a Learning Resource Assistant Apprentice. The role will involve assisting the promotion of teaching and learning across the college by the efficient and effective running of the Learning Resource Centre, and responding to enquires from students and staff.
• To supervise students in designated study areas to maintain a purposeful atmosphere.
• To provide front line LRC services, to include allocating students to computers and study places, issuing, returning, and renewing materials, collecting payments, and selling consumables.
• To assist in the processing of LRC acquisitions, entering data on the automated catalogue, checking data, and updating entries as required
• To ensure that the rules relating to security of stock, computer systems and equipment are applied appropriately
• To respond to student and staff enquiries relating to the use of the LRC facilities
• To assist students in finding information and demonstrating the techniques to help them find information for themselves
• To create displays and produce materials to publicise the LRC and its services
• To be responsible for one or more defined areas of LRC administration, as agreed with the LRC Manager
• To operate photocopiers and computer equipment, rectifying day to day faults as necessary
• To provide administrative support for the work of the LRC, to include word processing, budget analysis, filing and record keeping.
• Together with other members of the team, resolve day-to-day problems in the absence of the LRC Manager
You will gain a level 3 advanced Customer service specialist apprenticeship standard. After progressing this apprenticeship, you can gain full time employement or progress onto management programmes.
You will attend college, one day per week at Leicester College Freemens Park Campus
There may be an opportunity for continued employment with the company on successful completion of the apprenticeship.