IT’S GOOD TO BE BACK!
We’re excited to welcome you back to our campuses for our June Open Event 2021!
We will be hosting our first in-person open event in 2021 across three evenings in June, giving you the opportunity to visit departments, meet the course tutors and see our amazing facilities.
Despite the government road map which is leading the country to open up from 21 June, the College takes the safety of our staff and visitors extremely seriously. With this in mind, each evening will be dedicated to a different campus, with a select number of limited, pre-bookable tickets available.
*BOOKINGS ARE NOW CLOSED*
Unfortunately, booking for this event is now closed. If you’d like to visit Leicester College, you can book onto our Campus Tours here.
TUESDAY 22 JUNE 2021, 4 PM – 8 PM – FREEMEN’S PARK CAMPUS
WEDNESDAY 23 JUNE 2021, 4 PM – 8 PM – ST MARGARET’S CAMPUS
- Accountancy, Law and Peter Jones Enterprise Academy
- Art and Design
- Computing and Digital
- Creative Media, Television and Video
- Fashion and Footwear
- Graphic Design
- Photography, Media and Video
THURSDAY 24 JUNE 2021, 4 PM – 8 PM – ABBEY PARK CAMPUS
- Business and Travel and Tourism
- Health and Social Care
- Motor Vehicle
- Performing Arts
- Uniformed Public Services
The areas below are working on an appointment-only basis during the Open Evening at Abbey Park Campus:
In addition, members of our Apprenticeships team will be on-site in the relevant subject areas, to discuss opportunities and book appointments.
Please be aware, some subject areas will be grouped together to ensure there are enough slots during the allotted hours for everyone to see the subject areas of their choice
Due to increased health and safety arrangements to remain COVID-19 safe, support areas including Additional Support, Careers Service and Student Supports teams will not be available on campus during the event. As an alternative, we will be offering webchats with our support areas in the week following the event where you will have the opportunity to ask any questions and, find out more about the services and support available.
We are committed to providing a COVID-19 safe environment for all attendees, meaning you will be given a strict time slot for you to access your chosen department for 30 minutes. After this time period, you will be asked to leave the campus. If you have another time slot booked you will need to wait outside the campus to allow our teams to clear out and clean areas between the allocated time slots we are organising.
The number of places available for each slot is based on the size of the areas being shown and supportive of adhering to social distancing and COVID-19 guidelines. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
HEALTH AND SAFETY ARRANGEMENTS
We will also be taking the following precautions to ensure the event is COVID-19 safe:
- All attendees and staff will be required to wear masks (unless proven medically exempt), sanitise regularly and maintain 2m social distancing.
- All tickets must be booked in advance and we will not be accepting on-the-day sign-ups.
- When booking tickets you can only book yourself and one guest, you both must be from the same household. If you turn up with more than two people in your party, we reserve the right to refuse entry.
- You will need to check in with the NHS Track and Trace whilst on site. Entry will not be permitted unless this has been completed.
- If you arrive late (more than 10 minutes) to your permitted time slot, we will reserve the right to refuse entry.
- If you miss your time slot we cannot move you to another time due to bookings and we won’t permit entry into the campus.
- Rooms will be set up with floor markings to ensure 1m+ spacings as well as following a one-way system for entry/exit to minimise contact with others.
- Hand sanitising stations will be placed in each workshop/room you will be shown, as well as in atriums, sign up desks and outside toilet blocks.
- When you arrive at the campus you must not queue up until 5 minutes prior to your timeslot. You will need to wait in your car or in the car park. This is to help with social distancing.
- Our staff are testing twice-weekly using the lateral flow testing system to support the prevention of spreading coronavirus on campus.
- Whilst not mandatory to attend the event, we advise all visitors to take a lateral flow test before attending. You can order rapid lateral flow tests for FREE from the government website.
- Health and Safety Officers will be on site to do checks, make sure social distancing is working and advise us on anything to keep COVID-19 secure.