Just got your results and they’re not what you expected?
Still thinking about doing a degree course in September but not applied?
It’s not too late!
Whether you’re a college leaver or a mature learner, we still have places on a wide range of courses.
Don’t hang around too long though- places can disappear quickly during clearing.
You don’t have to wait until results day to apply through Clearing. You can make an application to Leicester College through Clearing from 5 July, if you are not holding an offer from another university or college.
Why Leicester College?
Leicester College is a great place to get your degree. Not only are we able to offer lower tuition fees (£6,000 per year for the first two years, as opposed to £9,000+ at many other universities) but we also have a partnership with De Montfort University. This means our students have full access to DMU’s facilities, including the library, accommodation services, student union, and more. If you study for a full degree with us, it will be awarded by De Montfort University, giving you a well-respected university name for your CV.
Many, but not all, of our students are from Leicester. Studying with us allows you to live at home while earning your degree. That said, we welcome plenty of students from other parts of the UK and the world. But being local makes us a great option for mature and part-time learners: you don’t have to move in order to pursue your ambitions.
Don’t just take our word for it: this year we were awarded a Teaching Excellence Framework for Higher Education (TEF) Gold award. This was a better ranking than many traditional universities achieved.
If you decide to apply now, you could still be eligible for student finance, including tuition fee loans, maintenance loans, Disabled Students’ Allowance and the Higher Education Maintenance Grant (subject to the normal criteria).
Our 5 simple clearing tips
- If you’ve already applied through UCAS, go online and check your application status. If you’re in clearing, then your clearing number will be shown. You need this number before you ring us.
- Check our website for live clearing vacancies. You can apply now even if you didn’t apply through UCAS before. Click here to see our clearing 2018 page.
- You can also check the UCAS website for live clearing vacancies across the country.
- Have your details to hand (your results, your mobile number, your clearing number – it’s also a good idea to re-read your personal statement)
- Pick up the phone – we’re here to help.
All you need to do is visit our website to check availability on your chosen course, or give us a ring on 0116 224 2240 to discuss your options.