This website privacy notice describes how Leicester College protects and makes use of the information you give to Leicester College when you use this website.
If you are asked to provide information when using this website, it will only be used in the ways described in this privacy notice.
This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page and was last updated on 17 May 2018.
What information do we hold about you?
We gather and use certain information about visitors to this website in order to provide information and services and enable certain function on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
Information we collect from you
We may collect the following information:
- Job title
- Contact information including email address and telephone number
- Demographic information, such as postcodes, study areas of interest and preferences
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to enquiries and events
- Other information pertaining to surveys and competitions
Why do we collect this information?
Collecting this data helps us to understand what you are looking for from Leicester College, enabling us to deliver improved services. Specifically, we may use data:
- for our own internal records
- to improve the services we provide
- to contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- to send you information by email and/or text about news, events and activities which we think might be relevant to you
- to contact you via email and/or text for market research reasons.
We take our responsibility for looking after information seriously. More details about are available in our Data Protection Policy.
Cookies and how we use them
A cookie is a small file placed on your device’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your device as you different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options and functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they visit. Cookies do not provide us with access to your device or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us to improve the website.
- Test content on the website. For example, 50% of users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present information to you which you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to the website. We may show you relevant content or provide functionality you used previously.
What do we do with your information?
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website you will see tick boxes allowing you to:
- Choose to receive news and information about events and activities at Leicester College by
- text or
If you have agreed that we can use your information to tell you about news, events and activities you can change your mind easily, via one of the following methods:
- Click the unsubscribe link in any email sent to you
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Write to us at DPO, Leicester College, Freemen’s Park Campus, Welford Road, Leicester LE2 7LW
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy.
How long do we keep this information about you?
We keep information given to us on our website for two years. Email and phone numbers are kept until you unsubscribe from mailing lists which you have subscribed to.
Links from our website
Our website may contain links to other websites.
What are my rights?
You can ask us for details about any information we have about you at any time. You have the right to be given this information without undue delay and if any information is inaccurate or missing ask for it to be corrected.
You can at any point ask us to delete information we hold about you.
You can ask us to stop using your information and data if one of the following applies:
- You don’t believe that the information we have about you is correct and you want us to stop using your data until the information has been corrected
- You believe that we have processed information about you unlawfully and want us to stop processing your details, rather than us deleting it
- We no longer need the data but you might need it for legal reasons
- You have already asked us not to use your data but we are waiting for a third party to decide whether we have to stop using it or not.
If we make any amends to, or delete data we will do our best to let you know, unless this is impossible or involves disproportionate effort.
If we pass your information to other organisations we will let you know if you ask us for this information.
Even if you ask us to stop processing information about you there may be times when we will still use data about you, for example when it is in the public interest or we have to use the information as an official authority. We won’t process data if you ask us to stop unless we can demonstrate that there is a legal need to do so.
If you want to find out what information we hold about you, you can submit a subject access request. We will respond to this within one month giving you details of where we got information about you, why we have it and who we share it with (if applicable).
Who can I contact if I have any questions or concerns?