Leicester College is one of the largest colleges in the UK, with more than 22,000 learners studying with us on a wide range of courses. Our learners come from a diverse array of backgrounds and each have varying ambitions and aspirations.
We are committed to enriching the community and creating new opportunities for the local area. This is reflected in our mission statement:
‘To deliver a wide range of high quality learning experiences to support the diverse communities we serve and the personal, social and economic development of individuals and enterprises.’
Key facts about Leicester College
- Hundreds of courses available, from entry to university level.
- Training provided for thousands of local and national companies.
- Three state-of-the-art city centre campuses, and courses in 30 community venues.
- There are 22,300 learners on-roll, and around 1,600 apprentices.
- In 2014-15, 50% of Leicester College leavers went on to higher education, significantly above the national average for college leavers.
- Ofsted’s latest report praises our curriculum staff’s “expert knowledge and experience”.
- In the National Student Survey 2015-16, student satisfaction was at 94%- this puts Leicester College joint 5th nationally for overall student satisfaction.
- Our learners reflect the diversity of the local population:
- 3,300 learners have a learning difficulty and/or disability.
- 43% are from black and minority ethnic groups.
- 42% are from areas of disadvantage.
- 4,900 learners are taking ESOL programmes.
- We are members of three National Skills Academy networks in the areas of Food and Drink, Retail and Materials, Production and Supply.
- We are also a member of the Peter Jones Enterprise Academy.