Leicester College offers a range of Semester in Leicester ‘study abroad’ programmes (previously known as Cultural Exchange Programmes) specifically developed for international students.
These one-semester programmes are designed to improve a student’s English language skills and allow them to gain experience in selected subject areas, while experiencing life in the UK and our education system.
Which subjects are available?
The following Semester in Leicester study abroad programmes are offered at Leicester College:
- Artistic and Special Effects Make-up
- Beauty Therapy
- Business Studies
- Creative Arts and Design (choose from graphic design, e-media, photography, fashion, footwear design & production, ceramics, life drawing)
- Computers and IT
- Engineering (choose from hydraulics, pneumatics, electronics, automotive, aeronautics)
- Health and Social Care
- Sport and Exercise Science
- Tourism and Hospitality / Catering.
- September to mid-February or mid-February to June each year (approx. one semester).
- Nine hours of intensive English language and six hours of subject-specific classes per week.
What is the Cost?
- £5,000 for tuition only.
- Self-catering student accommodation varies from £80 to £140 per week in addition to fees.
- UK Short Term Student Visa fee £85 for a six month visa.
Please contact the International Office if you need further advice or information on our Semester in Leicester study abroad programmes.