If you are aged 19 (from 1 August 2016) or over and want to study a new qualification at Leicester College, now could be the perfect time thanks to Advanced Learner Loan.
These loans help you to cover the cost of your course fees – whether that’s a full or part-time course or training at Levels 3 to 6. And you won’t even have to start paying it back until you’re earning over £21,000 a year.
Who is eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan?
You can apply for this loan if you are:
- Aged 19 or above on the first day of your course
- Studying or training on an eligible course at Level 3* to 6
- A resident of the UK for the past three years
*If you are 19-23 and are studying your first full level 3, you may be able to get a grant to help pay for your course.
How Do I Apply?
- Apply for your chosen course at Leicester College.
- If your application is successful, we will send you an offer letter; which will outline how to apply for the loan (via Student Finance England) and the maximum amount you can apply for.
- Complete either an online or paper-based application form.
- Once your application has been approved you’ll be informed.
- Online applications will be processed within two to four days with a valid UK passport. Other applications will be processed in two to four weeks.
For all eligible courses the loan will be up to 100% of the cost of the training, including course and material fees. You will have one loan to cover the length of your course, so do bear this in mind when budgeting.
You can calculate the costs of Advanced Learner Loans using this calculator.
For more information about Advanced Learner Loans please contact Leicester College on 0116 224 2240 or email email@example.com.