Leicester College is one of the largest colleges in the UK, with more than 22,000 learners studying with us on a wide range of courses. Our learners come from a diverse array of backgrounds and each have varying ambitions and aspirations.
We are committed to enriching the community and creating new opportunities for the local area. This is reflected in our mission statement:
‘To deliver a wide range of high quality learning experiences to support the diverse communities we serve and the personal, social and economic development of individuals and enterprises.’
Key facts about Leicester College
- Hundreds of courses available, from entry to university level.
- Training provided for thousands of local and national companies.
- Three state-of-the-art city centre campuses, and courses in 30 community venues.
- Rated as ‘outstanding at meeting the needs of learners, employers and the wider community’ by Ofsted.
- Over 22,000 learners, 3,100 Apprentices and Advanced Apprentices, and 6,350 learners studying Skills for Life courses.
- 805 learners went on to Higher Education after studying with us.
- Our learners reflect the diversity of the local population:
- 3,300 learners have a learning difficulty and/or disability.
- 43% are from black and minority ethnic groups.
- 42% are from areas of disadvantage.
- 4,900 learners are taking ESOL programmes.
- We are members of three National Skills Academy networks in the areas of Food and Drink, Retail and Materials, Production and Supply.
- We are also a member of the Peter Jones Enterprise Academy.